For quick-stowing waterproof protection that won't bog you down on the trail, reach for the highly breathable performance of the Marmot PreCip Eco Jacket. Throw on this comfortable shell when heading out on the trail in wet weather, and its microporous NanoPro membrane with microscopic, densely-packed pores and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish will go to work keeping rain drops out while letting perspiration through. The DriClime mesh chin guard prevents moisture buildup from your warm, moist breath and dripping sweat—moving it quickly away from your skin and drying quickly. Fully taped seams ensure rain doesn't sneak through the cracks, and you can batten down against the elements by pulling in the hood, hem, and cuffs. When you start getting steamy huffing up a hill, unzip the underarm vents to let cool air in and pent-up heat escape.
- A packable rain jacket for hiking, backpacking, or daily travel
- Breathable membrane keeps you dry and comfortable on the move
- Underarm zips let you vent out excess body heat on fast hikes
- Adjustable hood, hem, and cuffs keep the chilly air at bay
- Drop-tail hem provides additional coverage beneath your pack
- Lightweight construction packs down into its own pocket
- Regular fit layers easily over a fleece or other midlayer